Patrick is a PARTNER in the AssetS AND STRUCTURED Finance group.
Patrick specialises in finance transactions and restructurings across the transport sectors, with a particular focus on aviation and shipping.
He regularly advises banks, funds, borrowers and operators on cross-border syndicated and private placement loans, restructurings involving more than one class of debt, leasing transactions, export-credit backed financings, preferred equity investments and structured products.
Patrick has worked in the firm’s London, Singapore and Greek offices and has undertaken secondments to a banking client.
Patrick’s recent work in the aviation sector includes acting on headline restructuring transactions including acting for creditors to Virgin Atlantic Airways in its recent restructuring by way of a UK Restructuring Plan and advising on the Norwegian Air Shuttle bond restructuring.
Patrick is co-editor of the English Conflict of Laws chapter in McBain. He is also named on Airline Economics’ prestigious 40 under 40 2020 list, which recognises the most outstanding individuals in that age group active in the aviation finance and leasing industry.
- Advised Virgin Atlantic’s bondholders in Virgin’s landmark £1.2bn restructuring and recapitalisation plan implemented using the UK’s new Part 26A of the Companies Act 2006. – Airline Economics European Recapitalisation Deal of the Year 2021, Airfinance Journal Europe Deal of the Year 2021 and IFLR Europe Restructuring Deal of the Year 2021.
- Advised a French bank in relation to the restructuring of two transactions financing a fleet of 15 helicopters for a major European helicopter operator.
- Advised Norwegian Air Shuttle in relation to the restructuring of two series of listed bonds with a value of €250m and other financing arrangements. - Airfinance Journal Overall Capital Markets Deal of the Year 2019 and Ishka Best Restructuring Deal of the Year 2019.
- Advising Hanwha Investment and Securities Co Ltd as underwriter and KTB Asset Management as original subscriber in the junior secured pre- and post-delivery bond financing for two LNG vessels for Knusten OAS Shipping. This represents the first reported example of a Korean bond financing being included in a French tax lease structure for a ship financing. This transaction won Marine Money Leasing Deal of the Year 2022.
- 2007 – 2008 · BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course (Distinction)
- 2006 – 2007 · BPP Law School, Professional Graduate Diploma in Law
- 2003 – 2006 · Durham University, BA (Hons) in Theology