Panagiotis is a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution group.
Panagiotis’ practice focuses on multijurisdictional commercial litigation and arbitration matters on a number of sectors, with a particular emphasis on shipping. He also has experience in international whitecollar defence and investigations.
Panagiotis’ maritime disputes experience includes advising on a number of matters arising from charterparties, bills of lading, and sale and purchase disputes. He has experience in both High Court litigation and arbitration, assisting P & I clubs, owners, and charterers.
Prior to joining WFW, Panagiotis worked for more than seven years at a leading international law firm based in London (2013-2021). Panagiotis received his B.A. in Jurisprudence (Law) in 2009 from the University of Oxford. He also holds an LL.M. in Trade Regulation from New York University School of Law, received in 2010, and a Master 2 (Recherche) in Business Law from Université Panthéon-Assas (Paris II), received in 2012.
Panagiotis is a fluent in French and conversational in German.
- Acting for a Swiss headquartered oil trading company in its defence of a US$2bn High Court claim concerning a disputed Contract of Affreightment.
- A large Germany-based manufacturing company in a compliance review and internal investigation of global sales intermediaries.
- A Cypriot holding company and related entities in a complex civil litigation and enforcement proceedings in Cyprus, Germany and Austria, engaging contractual and fiduciary claims under German and Cypriot law.
- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine Limited and Pangea Minerals Limited, subsidiaries of Acacia Mining plc, in a mining arbitration against the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania seated in London under the UNCITRAL Rules.
- The Center for Reproductive Rights in securing UN recommendations to overturn El Salvador’s criminalization of abortion.
2013 · L.P.C., BPP Law School
2012 · M2 (Recherche), Droit des Affaires (Business Law), Université Panthéon-Assas (Paris II)
2010 · LL.M., Trade Regulation, New York University School of Law
2009 · B.A. Jurisdprudence (Law), University of Oxford
memberships & associations
2015 · Solicitor, England & Wales
2019 · Registered European Lawyer, Athens Bar Association