Oliver is a Partner in the Aviation Group.
Oliver’s practice has a primary focus on aviation finance matters, providing advice to equipment financiers, airlines, owners and operators on all types of cross border transaction structures.
He is experienced in documenting, negotiating and executing aircraft and engine financing, leasing and trading transactions, and has advised clients that together represent the full range of industry participants on transactions concerning all classes of commercial and business aircraft.
Oliver is notably active in the corporate jet market, where he has a strong practice representing financiers, high net-worth individuals and operators.
Oliver is recommended as a leading aviation finance lawyer by legal directories Chambers HNW, Legal 500 EMEA Who’s Who Legal and Euromoney’s Guide to Aviation Lawyers, as well as by Corporate Jet Investor magazine. Most recently, Chambers reported that he is “very much a known entity and an established participant in the private aviation sector” and that “he is absolutely a go-to in the Middle East. He is knowledgeable, understands the market and understands how people operate in the region. His focus on that means that he is able to answer complex questions quickly”.
He regularly presents at industry conferences, seminars and client training events.
- Advising a European equipment lessor in relation to the financing and leasing of our Bombardier Challenger 650 aircraft.
- Advising flydubai on drafting negotiating and finalising operating lease arrangements in relation to two Boeing 737-800 aircraft leased from GECAS.
- Advising HSBC in relation to the financing of a Bombardier Global 6000 aircraft.
- Advising IndiGo in relation to the sale and leaseback financing of a number of Airbus A32- and Airbus A321 aircraft delivered during 2018 and 2019.
- Advising a Swiss financial institution in relation to numerous VIP aircraft financings including an A330, Airbus A320, Boeing BBJ and Bombardier Global Express.
- BPP Law School, LPC
- Nottingham Law School, GDL
- King’s College, London, LLM (Banking and Finance Law)
- Nottingham University, BA (History)
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England & Wales
- The Honourable Company of Air Pilots (Freeman)