Nikolaos is a Partner in the PROJECT & STRUCTURED finance Group.
Nikolaos advises on a broad range of domestic and cross-border corporate, structured and project transactions, specialising in finance, corporate, real estate & hospitality projects, including banking & capital markets regulatory matters as well as data protection law.
He also has a wide experience in restructuring, work-out and NPL transactions, and in handling commercial, banking and real estate litigation cases.
Prior to joining WFW in 2010, Nikolaos practised banking, finance and corporate law at a renowned domestic Greek law firm for five years and spent 10 years as in-house counsel in the financial services sector.
Nikolaos is recommended as a banking & finance expert by legal directories Legal 500 EMEA, Chambers Europe and Chambers Global. Most recently in 2019, Chambers highlighted his “deep knowledge of finance transactions, absolute dedication to his client’s needs and timetable, efficiency and managerial skills”.
- Advising COSMOTE S.A. on a €300m financing package provided by the European Investment Bank (EIB) and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).
- Advising Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (HRADF – TAIPED) on a €261m sale and leaseback of 28 state-owned buildings.
- Advising Greek hotel groups in management, franchise & license agreements with international hotel brands.
- 2000 · LL.M., Banking & Finance | University of London
- 1997 · LL.M., Civil and Banking Law | University of Athens, Law Faculty
- 1995 · LL.B. University of Athens, Law Faculty
memberships & associations
- 2006 · Athens Supreme Court
- 1997 · Athens Bar Association