Michael is a Partner in the Maritime Group.
Michael specialises in international financial transactions with a particular emphasis on advising on ship financing and tax-based leasing and export credit financing transactions across a variety of maritime assets, as well as on restructurings.
His clients include international banks and other financial institutions, ship owners and leasing companies.
Michael joined WFW in 1988 and spent a year on secondment to the firm’s Oslo office. Year on year he is recommended for his asset finance expertise by legal directory IFLR 1000.
- Advised BNP Paribas on a $134,050,000 Sinosure-backed loan facility for Scorpio Tankers Inc. which included financing capital expenditure of scrubbers for 70 vessels.
- Advised KBC Bank NV and Belfius on an acquisition facility and follow on refinancing for CMB NV to acquire Windcat Workboats secured on 40 plus offshore supply vessels primarily used for offshore wind farms.
- 1984 – 1985 · College of Law, Guildford, Legal Practice Course
- 1981 – 1984 · University of Wales, Aberystwyth, LLB (Hons) 2:1
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England and Wales