Mark is a Partner in the Corporate and M&A Group.
Mark’s practice encompasses mergers, acquisitions, domestic and international joint ventures, venture capital and private equity transactions, other corporate transactions and a broad range of commercial arrangements, including distribution, agency and licensing with a focus on the aviation, maritime/offshore, energy, infrastructure and technology sectors.
Mark worked for three years at the UK Department of Trade and Industry, where he advised both them and the UK Patent Office on the operational, regulatory and legislative aspects of intellectual property and he continues to have a particular focus on the corporate and commercial aspects of IP.
He is recommended by legal directory IFLR 1000.
- Advising Teekay LNG Partners LP and Marubeni Corporation on their successful joint venture bid for, and the purchase of, Maersk LNG A/S for US$1.33bn.
- Advising the CSL Group, Inc on its acquisition of 50% of Eureka Shipping Ltd, the pneumatic cement vessel business owned by SMT Shipping and related joint venture arrangements.
- Advising renewable energy infrastructure investors Aurium Capital Markets, Equitix and Helios Energy Investments to form a new dedicated business to invest in renewable energy plants using anaerobic digestion technology.
- 1994 – 1995 · College of Law (Chester)
- 1991 – 1994 · University of Manchester
memberships & associations
- City of London Solicitors Company