Kunadha Gajaseni is an associate in the firm’s Dispute Resolution Group.
Kunadha joined Watson Farley & Williams as an associate in 2012 and re-joined in 2016 after completing his Master of Laws from University College London (Chevening scholarship). His experience ranges from international arbitration under the UNCITRAL, ICC, SIAC, TAI, HKIAC and KCAB rules and commercial litigation matters including commercial, labour, intellectual property, transportation, insurance and construction disputes as well as non-contentious matters.
Kunadha has been a Thai qualified lawyer since 2012 and is a certified Thai notarial services attorney. Kunadha has also been admitted as a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales in 2019.
- Representing a Thai paper manufacturer in disputes (worth in excess of US$50m and referred to HKIAC/UNCITRAL Arbitration) with a Chinese machinery manufacturer and a Chinese state-linked corporation concerning supply of deficient machinery.
- Representing the Contractor in a dispute (worth THB960m and referred to TAI Arbitration) against the Employer for the construction of a luxury riverside hotel and shopping plaza in Bangkok.
- Representing a Thai public limited company in a dispute (worth in excess of THB300m and referred to ICC Arbitration) against sellers under a gas sales agreement.
- Advising a Thai client with regards to potential disputes arising from a shareholders agreement pursuant to a joint venture dam project in Lao PDR.
- Representing a Thai rice exporter in litigation against international carriers and ship-agents concerning a rice contamination incident. Claims of US$3m were brought for wrongful act, negligence and breach of contract.
- 2016 LL.M. in Litigation and Dispute Resolution (with Distinction) (Chevening Scholarship), University College London (UCL)
- 2011 LL.B., Chulalongkorn University
Memberships and Associations
- The Law Society of England and Wales
- Notarial Services Attorney
- Extraordinary member of the Thai Bar Association
- Lawyers Council of Thailand