John is a senior associate in the Assets & structured Finance Group.
His work involves all aspects of the financing of ships and other assets including debt finance, leasing, structured finance, export credit agency backed finance and loan restructurings.
He advises banks, financial institutions, ship owners and operators and leasing companies.
John joined the firm in 1996.
- Advised and assisted a FPSO owner and operator with the complicated restructuring and refinancing of its loan and other facilities and associated intercreditor arrangements.
- Advised and assisted a drilling unit and FPSO operator in relation to its financing of over US$1 billion.
- Advised a private equity firm in connection with its purchase of a substantial shipping loan portfolio.
- 1993 – 1994 · University of Cambridge (St John’s College) – LLM – Commercial Law
- 1990 – 1993 · University of Cambridge (St John’s College) – MA – Law
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England and Wales