Jo is a Senior Associate in the Real Estate group.
Jo is a very experienced lawyer with expertise in property acquisitions and disposals, development and energy projects, hotels, student housing, care homes and office space.
Commercial in her approach, Jo is adept at handling complex transactions calmly and efficiently, bringing stakeholders together to achieve successful outcomes and utilising knowledge gained from having worked in both private practice and in-house.
- Advising the BPIM pension fund on its £18m acquisition of a recently developed and fully let retail park in Surrey and subsequently on management and construction issues and development opportunities.
- Advising Jastar Capital on their £40m acquisition of a recently developed building comprising an apart-hotel and commercial units within a very limited timeframe.
- Advising a private client on the £30m redevelopment of a mansion on Billionaire's Row including development finance, lease arrangements with Crown Estate and neighbourly agreements with the Israeli Embassy.
- Advising a care home operator on the £21m sale and leaseback of a portfolio of homes across the UK to a pension fund.
- Advising a private client on the £40m sale of an independent hotel as a going concern.
- 2004 · Qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales
- 2000 – 2001 · The College of Law, Guildford. Legal Practice Course
- 2000 – 2001 · King’s College London. Law, LLB (Hons) (2:1)
memberships and associations
- Law Society of England and Wales