Jemma is a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution group, based in London.
She focuses on commercial litigation and international arbitration, acting on cases before the High Court and various arbitration forums.
Jemma has advised on many contractual and other commercial disputes. In particular, these have related to the natural resources, maritime and finance sectors.
She has worked with a variety of clients, including financial institutions, administrators and liquidators of insolvent companies, ship-owning companies and high-net-worth individuals.
- Advising administrators in a US$52m claim in the High Court against the former administrators of a company arising from the pre-pack sale of a mine at an undervalue.
- Advising a global financial institution and commodities trader on an LCIA claim against the owner of a coal power plant concerning a long-term supply agreement.
- Advising liquidators of a European financial institution in a High Court claim valued at around €500m concerning the close-out mechanism under the ISDA Master Agreement.
- Advising a renewable energy investor on its multi-million Euro claim against Italy in ICSID arbitration arising out of the Energy Charter Treaty in relation to photovoltaic investments.
- Advising one of India’s largest offshore drilling contractors on defending a US$57m claim in LCIA arbitration arising out of a drilling contract.
- 2007 · Nottingham Law School, Legal Practice Course, Distinction
- 2006 · University of Warwick, BA (Hons) Law and Business Studies, First Class
- Law Society of England and Wales
- London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA)