Senior Associate London
James is a senior associate in the London Projects Group.
James specialises in advising on construction and project development contracts, including all major standard forms of construction contract and bespoke arrangements, operation and maintenance contracts, supply contracts and ancillaries such as performance security documents. James advises stakeholders across the project such as developers, contractors and supply chain clients, debt and equity funders and offtakers and at all stages of the project cycle.
His experience spans energy, infrastructure and mining projects in the UK and internationally, with particular expertise in renewables and power projects. Prior to joining Watson Farley & Williams James undertook secondments at a major global offshore wind farm developer and at a nuclear waste and fuel transportation specialist.
James speaks conversational Mandarin Chinese and Spanish.
- Advising long-standing client Vattenfall on its signing of a contract with Siemens and Aker Solutions to deliver grid connection infrastructure for the Norfolk Boreas Offshore Wind Farm off the east coast of the UK.
- Ørsted on the procurement of supply and installation packages such as foundations, offshore substations and export cable in respect of offshore wind farms including Greater Changhua 1 + 2a (Taiwan), Hornsea 1 and 2 (UK), Skipjack and Ocean Wind (USA).
- EDF on the construction of Hinkley Point C nuclear power plant, on the procurement of some of the major EPC packages, such as civils, earthworks and project management.
- RTE on the IFA2 France-England Interconnector, providing advice on the two fundamental EPC contracts for converter station and cable lay, including negotiating with competing bidders.
- Google on the supply of solar PV “shingles” for its US campuses.
2007-2011 School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, BA in Mandarin Chinese (Hons);
2011-2013 University of Law, GDL, LPC, LLB (Hons) and PGDiP
memberships & associations
Society of Construction Law
Law Society of England and Wales
- PressWFW advises Vattenfall on export cable EPCI contract for Norfolk Boreas Offshore Wind Farm
- PressWFW advises Vattenfall on HVDC grid connection infrastructure delivery
- PressWFW advise Societe Generale on project financing of 88 MW Puskakorpi onshore wind farm
- PressWFW advises Lightsource bp on disposal of UK Camden solar PV portfolio to NESF
- PressWFW advises TRIG and InfraRed on acquisition of stake in 588 MW Beatrice wind farm