James is an associate in the London Projects Group.
James focuses on project development and construction aspects and has advised on a range of projects across the energy (renewables and oil and gas) and infrastructure sectors. His experience includes advising developers, contractors and lenders at all stages of the project cycle.
He has acted predominantly on projects in Europe, the Middle East, Central Asia and Africa.
- Advising an oil major on all project development aspects in relation to a strategic oil and gas field in Kazakhstan.
- Advising a contractor on the project development and construction aspects of a hydroelectric power plant in Georgia.
- Advising a developer in relation to the project development aspects of a green hydrogen megaproject in Saudi Arabia.
- Advising a developer in relation to the development and financing of the Sharjah Multi-fuel Waste-to-Energy project in the Emirate of Sharjah.
- Advising a developer on the development and financing of an agro-fertiliser plant expansion project in Nigeria.
- 2017 – 2018 · University of Law (LPC, Distinction)
- 2016 – 2017 · University of Law (GDL, Distinction)
- 2015 – 2016 · School of Oriental and African Studies (MA (African Studies), Distinction)
- 2012 – 2015 · University of Cambridge (MA (History))
memberships and associations
- Law Society of England and Wales