James is an associate in the London Projects Group.
James focuses on project development and construction aspects and has advised on a range of projects across the energy (renewables and oil and gas) and infrastructure sectors. His experience includes advising developers, contractors and lenders at all stages of the project cycle.
He has acted predominantly on projects in Europe, the Middle East, Central Asia and Africa.
- Advising a contractor on its project development and construction documentation for a 1.7GW wind farm forming part of a 4GW green hydrogen facility in Saudi Arabia.
- Advising a developer on its construction documentation for a 300MW wind farm in Serbia.
- Advising a developer on its collaboration arrangements with another developer for offshore wind projects in Spain.
- Advising a developer on its early joint venture arrangements for a 1GW offshore wind project in Taiwan.
- Advising an oil major on all project development aspects in relation to a strategic oil and gas field in Kazakhstan.
- 2017 – 2018 · University of Law (LPC, Distinction)
- 2016 – 2017 · University of Law (GDL, Distinction)
- 2015 – 2016 · School of Oriental and African Studies (MA (African Studies), Distinction)
- 2012 – 2015 · University of Cambridge (MA (History))
memberships and associations
- Law Society of England and Wales