Eugene is a Partner in our Projects & Corporate group and is based in our Seoul office.
His practice focuses on cross-border energy and infrastructure project developments, project and structured finance and mergers and acquisitions.
Eugene has extensive experience in energy project developments, both in conventional and renewable power projects, and has advised both lenders and borrowers on a variety of cross-border financings. He has represented many major Korean developers/sponsors and financiers such as Korea Development Bank, KEXIM Bank, KEPCO, POSCO, SK, Hanwha, and Hyundai Heavy Industry in connection with their outbound energy projects.
Eugene is qualified to practice law in California, US and is a Registered Foreign Legal Consultant in Korea.
He is fluent in English and Korean.
- Representing Korean financial investors in the acquisition of a total capacity of 130 MW of operating solar farms in France from BlackRock.
- Advising a Korean energy company in its negotiation to acquire a project to develop a 200 MW solar farm with energy storage facility in Texas.
- Representing KEPCO in connection with the development and financing of a 28MW solar farm project in Hokkaido, Japan.
- Representing a consortium of Korean sponsors in the successful bidding for and development of 60 MW solar farm project in Guam.
- University of California Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, J.D.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Sloan School of Management, MBA.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science