DOMINIC IS A PARTNER IN THE ASSETS & STRUCTURED FINANCE GROUP.
Dominic has extensive experience in both the London and New York markets advising banks, ECAs, underwriters, issuers, borrowers, lessors and airlines in a broad range of aviation finance transactions including aviation related asset-backed securitisations (ABS), other complex warehouse and portfolio financings, and large portfolio sales.
He is one of the principal advisors to the Aviation Working Group in relation to the Global Aircraft Trading System (GATS), and is their lead lawyer on the drafting of the GATS ‘e-terms’ and standard form trust documents and the author of the new GATS chapter in the 5th edition of Aircraft Financing. He is also the firm’s representative on the executive committee of AWG’s legal advisory panel.
Dominic was named on Airline Economics’ prestigious 40 under 40 2020 list, which recognises the most outstanding individuals in that age group active in the aviation finance and leasing industry.
Dominic is qualified to practice in both England & Wales and the US states of New York and California.
- Advised Griffin Global Asset Management on the English law aspects of a sale and leaseback (SLB) transaction to Virgin Atlantic Airways in respect of two Boeing 787 aircraft.
- Advised JPMorgan Asset Management on its $325MM aircraft warehouse facility arranged by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- Advised the issuer on certain UK regulatory aspects of the ALC sponsored BBIRD 2021 aircraft ABS.
- Advised Macquarie Bank Limited in relation to the securitisation of certain underlying loans for Fleetscape Capital Limited in respect of the financing of ships on lease to various lessees.
- Advised investors and Citibank on the Atlas Air/Amazon bifurcated private placement of A1 equipment notes and borrowing of A2 secured bank loans. This deal was awarded Airfinance Journal's ‘Most Innovative Deal of the Year 2017’.
- University of California-Berkeley School of Law, Master of Laws (LL.M.)
- BBP Law School, Legal Practice Course
- BPP Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law
- Loughborough University, MEng (Hons) in Aeronautical Engineering
memberships & associations
- California State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Law Society of England & Wales