Devan is a Partner in the Employment and Immigration Group.
Devan advises on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious employment law matters for both individuals and companies, including the full range of day to day employment advice, drafting executive level service agreements and non-executive director agreements, employee disputes and policies and procedures.
He has particular expertise in the employment aspects of share and business acquisitions (domestic and cross-border) and complex TUPE-related advice, including on outsourcing agreements.
Devan specialises in immigration matters such as all aspects of the Points-Based Immigration System including complex Tier 2 and investor applications, UK nationality applications and the impact of Brexit on EEA nationals.
Top legal directory Legal 500 UK has recommended him as being “outstanding” (2018) and “particularly knowledgeable” (2018-19) on immigration-related matters.
- Advising an international oil company on all aspects of employment including restructures and redundancies, policies and procedures and flexible and working requests.
- Advising an international professional services firm on the employment aspects of an outsourcing contract to provide facilities management services to properties in jurisdictions across Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
- Advising an aviation firm on its employment matters including policies, holiday pay and pilot contracts.
- Advising a series of start-ups on Tier 2 visa applications, obtaining a sponsorship licence, Home Office compliance visits and the status of EU nationals in light of Brexit.
- 2004 · Nottingham Law School
- 2003 · King’s College London( LLB – Law with European Legal Studies)
- 2001 – 2002 · University of Leiden (part of degree at King’s College)
memberships & associations
- Member of the Employment Lawyers Association (ELA)
- Member of the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association (ILPA)