Devan is a Partner in the Employment and Immigration Group.
Devan advises on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious employment law matters for both individuals and companies, including the full range of day to day employment advice, drafting executive level service agreements and non-executive director agreements, employee disputes and policies and procedures.
He is very experienced in the employment aspects of share and business acquisitions (domestic and cross-border) and complex TUPE-related advice, including outsourcing agreements. He also has a particular expertise on employment-related matters in the maritime sector, acting for large cruise lines and other shipping companies and advising on a multitude of areas including seafarer employment agreements and collective bargaining agreements, jurisdictional issues and the full range of crewing issues.
Devan specialises in immigration matters such as all aspects of the Points-Based Immigration System including complex Sponsorship Licence and Skilled Worker applications and transfers of senior executives, UK nationality applications and the impact of Brexit on EEA nationals.
Devan has been recommended for immigration in leading legal directory The Legal 500 UK for a number of consecutive years and in 2021 was described as “outstanding”.
- Advising an international oil company on all aspects of employment including restructures and redundancies, policies and procedures and flexible and working requests.
- Advising an international professional services firm on the employment aspects of an outsourcing contract to provide facilities management services to properties in jurisdictions across Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
- Advising an aviation firm on its employment matters including policies, holiday pay and pilot contracts.
- Advising a series of start-ups on Tier 2 visa applications, obtaining a sponsorship licence, Home Office compliance visits and the status of EU nationals in light of Brexit.
- 2004 · Nottingham Law School
- 2003 · King’s College London( LLB – Law with European Legal Studies)
- 2001 – 2002 · University of Leiden (part of degree at King’s College)
memberships & associations
- Member of the Employment Lawyers Association (ELA)
- Member of the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association (ILPA)