Claire is a partner in the Tax Group.
Claire is a chartered tax adviser who advises on a wide range of corporate and commercial tax matters. She has broad-based asset class experience across mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganisations, advisory and finance.
Claire has advised on a wide range of tax issues, ranging from corporate residence, permanent establishments, diverted profits tax, rollovers and demergers to capital raising, cross-border financing, employee benefit trusts and tax covenants.
- Advised Lightsource Renewable Energy on its agreement to enter into a partnership platform with UK Climate Investments to fund the development, acquisition and ownership of large scale solar power generation assets in India.
- Advised a syndicate of banks consisting of DNB, ING, BNP Paribas, Citi and BMO as lenders on a $US1.5bn Reserve-Based Lending facility to Chrysaor for the acquisition of a portfolio of UK North Sea assets from Royal Dutch Shell.
- Advised Blue Energy in connection with the disposal of a portfolio of windfarms to funds managed by Octopus Investments for an undisclosed sum.
- Provided tax and structuring advice to residential healthcare operator Salutem Healthcare on its acquisition of two specialist healthcare providers, Pathways Care Group and Modus Care.
- 2013 · Chartered Institute of Taxation
- 2008 – 2009 · BPP Law School, Holborn Legal Practice Course Obtained: Distinction
- 2017 – 2008 · BPP Law School, Waterloo Graduate Diploma in Law Obtained: Commendation
- 2003 – 2006 · University of Warwick BA Hons History