Celinda is Counsel in the Dispute Resolution group in the New York office.
Celinda regularly advises on maritime and insolvency issues, as well as commercial business litigation and arbitration matters, including international contract disputes, creditors’ rights in US bankruptcy proceedings, maritime lien rights, and charter party issues. She has assisted major secured and unsecured creditors in evaluating and quantifying their exposure and legal claims as against reorganizing debtors, and advised lenders on strategic actions to be taken at the pre-insolvency stage. Celinda is also experienced in vessel sale contracts, and management and employment agreements.
In 2017, Celinda created WFW New York’s Women’s Initiative program, aimed at promoting the advancement of women lawyers. The Women’s Initiative has sponsored networking, community outreach, and charitable events and activities. Additionally, Celinda has been selected as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers (2017 – 2019).
- Advising Space Shipping in relation to a US$7.3m arbitration award made in its favour arising out of a breach of a charter agreement made between it and ST Shipping & Transport Pte Ltd., a subsidiary of Glencore International AG, to pick up a crude oil shipment in Venezuela.
- Advising on US law matters relating to the Tank & Rast group’s refinancing of its €1.45bn senior credit facilities
- 2017 · Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, Certificate in Shipping Business
- 2009 · Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- 2006 · University of Rochester, B.A., cum laude
MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
- Women’s International Shipping & Trading Association (WISTA)