Andy is a Partner in the CORPORATE AND M&A GROUP.
Andy’s practice focusses on domestic and cross-border M&A, joint ventures and private equity transactions.
He is experienced across a number of sectors with a particular focus on energy and infrastructure transactions, including renewable energy and oil and gas.
Andy has also been involved in numerous emerging markets transactions, including in Africa, where he has advised private equity funds, infrastructure funds and leading corporates.
He is recommended for his M&A and private equity expertise by legal directories Legal 500 UK and IFLR 1000, with the former noting in 2018-19 that he is “responsive and smart” and “well-informed about the African market”.
- Advising funds advised by African Infrastructure Investment Managers on its equity investment in Cenpower Generation Company Limited, the owner of the Kpone Independent Power Plant in Ghana.
- Advising OMV AG and OMV Exploration & Production GmbH on the sale of 100% of the shares in OMV (U.K.) Limited to Siccar Point Energy Limited for circa US$1bn.
- Advising Statkraft on the sale of its 40% stake in the 317 MW Sheringham Shoal Offshore Wind Farm for £558m and 30% in the 402 MW Dudgeon Offshore Wind Farm for £555m.
- Advising Leapfrog Investments on the acquisition of a circa 29% interest in AIICO Insurance plc, Nigeria’s second largest insurer by gross premiums, and on its acquisition of a 16.94% stake in Fidelity Bank Ghana Limited, Ghana’s largest privately owned bank.
- 1999-2002 · University of Bristol
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England and Wales