Alfred Yu is an associate in the Assets & Structured Finance group based in Hong Kong.
Alfred qualified in Hong Kong in 2018 and has experience advising lessors, financial institutions and airlines in aircraft leasing and financing transactions.
He advises on a variety of cross-border transactions involving financing, leasing (operating and financing lease) and trading of aircraft. He also has experience advising airlines and lessors from the PRC on lease restructuring transactions.
Alfred holds degrees from the University of Cambridge (LLM) and the University of Hong Kong (Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Social Sciences (Government and Laws)). He is fluent in written and spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Advised a PRC-based lessor in two (2) JOLCO transactions involving five (5) Airbus A320neo aircraft with leading major international banks (aircraft on lease to airlines in Mexico and India).
- Advised a PRC-based lessor in one (1) portfolio re-financing transaction involving four (4) Airbus A320neo aircraft (aircraft on lease to an airline based in Europe).
- Advised a PRC-based lessor in one (1) delivery financing transaction in acquiring one (1) Boeing 737-800 aircraft from a leading Australian bank (aircraft subject to an operating lease with a PRC-based airline).
- Advised a PRC-based lessor in one (1) lease restructuring transaction involving a lease-in-lease-out structure (aircraft subject to an operating lease with a PRC-based airline).
- Advised a PRC-based airline in respect of aircraft delivery and acceptance of three (3) A320-200neo aircraft from a leading international lessor.
2008-2011 Bachelor of Social Sciences (Government and Laws), The University of Hong Kong
2011-2013 Bachelor of Laws, The University of Hong Kong
2013-2014 Postgraduate Certificate in Law, The University of Hong Kong
2014-2015 Master of Law, The University of Cambridge
memberships & associations
The Law Society of Hong Kong