Alex is a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution group of our London office, specialising in Maritime Disputes.
Alex has extensive experience of a wide range of contentious maritime disputes including shipbuilding, charterparty and bill of lading disputes, finance enforcement, bunker issues, offshore issues, commodities matters and more recently decarbonisation issues such as CII/EEXI/EU ETS. Informed by this experience, he also assists clients with non-contentious and drafting matters.
Alex qualified and subsequently worked for several years at a leading international firm, with secondments at a ship owner, an International Group P&I Club and a leading offshore contractor. He subsequently worked at a second International Group P&I Club.
- Advising on a high-value cargo claim involving alleged seawater contamination of a chemical cargo which was subsequently used in a chemical plant
- Advising on a very high value dispute between an FPSO owner and shipyard, involving almost all parts of the unit’s process train
- Assisting a major international bank to track, arrest and sell multiple vessels for large unpaid sums under the relevant finance agreements
- Assisting owners when their vessel was detained for drugs found in the cargo – successfully recovering hire from Charterers
- Assisting owners with various complex and technical bunker contamination disputes for Owners
- 2007 – 2009 · LLB (GDL and LPC), College of Law
- 2004 – 2007 · BA Hons (History), University of Manchester