We are delighted to invite you to join our upcoming webinar where a panel of highly regarded industry-experts will discuss our new thought leadership report “The Sustainability Imperative: ESG – Reshaping the funding and governance of shipping”, which launched on Wednesday 24 February.
The panel will explore the key takeaways from the report and how the industry might ultimately evolve as it moves towards a low-emissions future.
Pressure on the global shipping sector is coming from numerous sources – regulatory bodies, governments and end-users amongst others – particularly when it comes to sustainability and broader environmental, social and governance (ESG) concerns, making it the key and most pressing issue facing the sector.
While there is now largely agreement on the need to reduce emissions, the US$1.4trn question of how to fund the transition to a low-emission shipping sector remains.
We are offering the session twice, to accommodate multiple time zones. Please select the date and time which best suits your availability when registering through the link below. Each session will encompass 60 minutes of discussion followed by 15 minutes of Q&A.
Thursday 11 March – 09:00 GMT / 16:00 ICT / 17:00 SGT
- Bud Darr, Executive Vice President for Maritime Policy and Government Affairs, MSC (Mediterranean Shipping Company)
- Kristin Holth, Board member, Maersk Drilling and board member, GasLog
- Katharine Palmer, Global Sustainability Manager, Marine and Offshore, Lloyd’s Register
- Christos Tsakonas, Global Head of Shipping, DNB Bank
- Claire Wright, General Manager, Commercial Shipping and Strategy, Shell
- Moderated by: Simon Petch, Partner, WFW