At Watson Farley & Williams we are committed to providing comprehensive and efficient legal solutions for our clients.
As part of this vision, we would like to invite you to an event moderated by Victor Mercedes, Partner Head of the Litigation Department at WFW Madrid, on April 25 2023 at 17.00 h at our Madrid offices. We will meet with experts in energy arbitration to discuss first-hand issues of interest and current concerns in relation to this matter: the latest developments regarding arbitral tribunals in Spain (CIAM in Madrid), case study of the main arbitral institutions in the energy sector, latest trends in both commercial and investment ICSID arbitration in the energy sector and critical procedural and substantive aspects.
- 16.45 – 17.00 Welcome and reception
- 17.00 – 17.15 Introduction
- Victor Mercedes, State Attorney on leave of absence, partner in charge of Litigation at Watson Farley & Williams Spain
- 17.15 – 17.30 Presentation of CIAM
- José M.ª Alonso, President of the International Arbitration Center of Madrid (CIAM), former dean of the Madrid Bar Association (ICAM), lawyer and arbitrator, Alonso & Díez-Hochleitner Abogados, Madrid
- 17.30 – 18.45 Arbitral experiences and issues of interest in domestic and international, commercial and investment arbitration in the energy sector
- Andrés Jana, lawyer and arbitrator, Jana & Gil Dispute Resolution Chile, Santiago de Chile (videoconference)
- Sofia de Sampaio, lawyer and arbitrator, Armesto & Asociados Madrid
- Javier Díez-Hochleitner, lawyer and arbitrator, Alonso & Díez-Hochleitner Abogados, Madrid
- Victor Mercedes, State lawyer on leave of absence, partner in charge of Litigation at Watson Farley & Williams Spain, Madrid
- 18.45 – 19.00 Q&A | Conclusions and closure
- 19.00 – 19.30 Cocktail reception
If you would like to attend this session, register your interest via the ‘Register your interest’ button or contact Beatriz Doblas if you have any questions.