Vassiliki is a Partner in the Asset Finance Group.
Her main areas of practice are shipping finance and other non-contentious aspects of shipping such as sale and purchase transactions, JV agreements and shipbuilding contracts. She also has an excellent reputation for non-contentious advice in the yachting industry.
Vassiliki acts for a wide variety of banks, private equity funds and other financial institutions in the structuring and restructuring of loan transactions as well as for private and public shipowning entities.
She is recognised as an up-and-coming shipping expert by leading legal directories Chambers Europe and Chambers Global. In 2019, clients told Chambers she is “very diligent, possesses deep knowledge and has extensive experience in her field of expertise, which is translated into the production of very accurate documentation and advice”.
- Advised Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch in relation to a US$180.5m term facility provided to Poseidon Containers Holdings LLC to repay and extinguish a previous secured bank debt facility.
- Advised BNP Paribas in securing over 18 dry bulk carriers of the Athens-based shipping company Diana Shipping Inc. which secured a US$165 million five-year term loan facility.
- Advised ABN AMRO Bank NV on a US$200 million one year bridge facility for DryShips Inc, which was used to partially refinance a US$700 million bond issued by DryShips which matured on 1 December. The bridge facility is secured over shares held by DryShips in its subsidiary Ocean Rig UDW Inc.
- 2003 · M.Sc., International Business and Economics- University of London, Birkbeck College
- 2000 · Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), College of Law, Guildford
- 1998 · L.L.B., University of Kent at Canterbury
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England & Wales