Todd is Counsel in the Corporate and Capital Markets groups.
He focuses on corporate and finance transactions, primarily in capital markets, ship finance, SEC compliance, corporate governance and general corporate and securities matters. Todd also regularly advises clients in a wide range of maritime related commercial contracts, including MOAs, shipbuilding contracts, commercial and technical ship management agreements and scrubber purchase and installation contracts.
Todd was formerly Legal Counsel at the Navios Maritime Group, where he spent eight years based in Greece advising the publicly listed maritime group on US capital market debt and equity transactions, bank financings, cross-border transactions, and corporate governance and commercial contracts. He has extensive experience in the maritime industry, having advised on vessel acquisitions and sales, including the drafting and negotiations of MOAs and shipbuilding contracts. Additionally, Todd represented the group’s South American based logistics subsidiary in various financing and acquisition transactions.
- Advising a US private equity fund on the purchase of a series of second-hand and newbuilding container and dry bulk vessels.
- Advising a leading European lender in connection with a series of revolving loan facilities to a US-based tanker company.
- Advising a US private equity fund on its equity investment in a regional airline group.
- Advising a private equity fund in connection with a joint venture with a leading shipowner relating to the purchase and operation of dry bulk vessels.
- Advising a publicly listed shipping company in a series of private placements of guaranteed notes.
- 2003 – 2006 · Harvard Law School, J.D.
- 1999 – 2003 · Georgetown University, B.A.