Tim is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution group.
Tim is an aviation and dispute resolution expert with over 25 years’ experience working on aviation and travel-related matters.
He represents aircraft leasing and finance companies, airlines, airports, corporate and general aviation operators and other businesses involved in the aviation and travel industries.
Tim has extensive experience in aviation and travel-related dispute resolution matters – often with multijurisdictional elements – in the English courts and in arbitrations, including leasing, aircraft finance, insurance (with a particular focus on advising the insured party), aircraft repossessions, aircraft engineering, and technical issues, accidents and general contractual disputes.
He has also advised on a wide range of regulatory issues, including matters before the European Commission, the United Kingdom’s Civil Aviation Authority and the Department for Transport.
Tim has been recognised as a leading individual in the legal guides for many years, with testimonials describing him as “an excellent solicitor who knows an awful lot about the sector, and is incredibly diligent and thorough. A pleasure to work with” (The Legal 500 UK 2023), and “very experienced and attentive to detail. He is also very responsive and coordinates very well with other parties” (Chambers UK 2023).
- Acting for lessor claimants in a leasing dispute in the English Commercial Court, and associated insurance dispute, arising out of the leasing of aircraft to an Asian airline.
- Advising a lessor in relation to multiple issues arising out of the leasing of aircraft to entities affected by the imposition of sanctions on Russian persons.
- Advising lessors and financiers in relation to a variety of default situations: aircraft repossessions (disputed and consensual); lease terminations; defaults under multi-party leasing and finance arrangements involving airlines and OEMs claims against guarantors; and insolvency situations.
- Acting for an airport in a dispute regarding the provision of regulated security services.
- Advising lessors and an airline on various issues arising out of the Boeing 737 MAX accidents and subsequent worldwide grounding.
- 1993 – 1994 · University of Bristol, LLM
- 1990 – 1993 · University of Bristol, LLB
memberships and associations
- Law Society of England and Wales