Sylvia is a senior registered foreign lawyer (England & Wales) in the firm’s dispute resolution group.
Sylvia has extensive experience in maritime sector, particularly in dispute resolution and insurance, including a wide range of P&I, FD&D claims and marine casualties matters. She advises clients on a full range of contractual and tortious disputes, in particular disputes arising out of charterparties, bills of lading, sale and purchase contracts and insurance policies; and often represents shipowners, operators and charterers in international arbitrations.
Sylvia is also experienced in contract reviews to help the clients avoid disputes and manage risk.
Sylvia is fluent in English, Mandarin and Shanghainese.
- Advising a client on a multi-million demurrage dispute, with successful recovery against an Indian state-owned counter party.
- Assisting a client in a high-profile arbitration under a long-term charter, following the changes under the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (Marpol).
- Advising and assisting a client in a dispute arising from late delivery of the ship under the Sales and Purchase Agreement.
- Advising a client on collision and pollution liabilities following a casualty incident.
- Representing a client in London arbitration for a charterparty dispute arising from Covid-19 and winning the favourable award.
- 2010 · The College of Law, London, LL.B.
- 2010 · The College of Law, Bloomsbury, LPC (Commendation)
- 2009 · The College of Law, Bloomsbury, London, GDL
- 2008 · University College London, LL.M
- 2007 · Shanghai Maritime University, LL.B.