Stuart is an Associate in the Asset Finance group, based in Dubai.
Stuart specialises in advising financiers on cross-border asset finance transactions, with a particular emphasis on the aviation and maritime sectors.
In addition to financing, Stuart is experienced in aviation sales, purchases and deliveries and acts for a wide range of stakeholders from private jet owners to national flag carriers.
Stuart also has project finance experience with a particular focus on the renewable energy sector.
Since starting with Watson Farley & Williams as a trainee in 2016, he has worked in the London, Hamburg and Dubai offices.
- Deutsche Bank, CACIB, Coface and SACE on the ECA financing of 6 x ATR aircraft for Swedish airline Braathens.
- European renewables platform Vortex, which is managed by the private equity arm of EFG Hermes, on its acquisition of 365MW UK solar portfolio with an enterprise value of £470m.
- An Indian airline in respect of the delivery of a batch of financed A320 and A321 aircraft.
- A Japanese bank with regards to the transfer of its participation and cross collateralised security interest in an Airbus A380.
- Several major shipping financiers including Credit Suisse, HSH Nordbank, DVB and HSBC with regards to financings, sale and purchase transactions and related issues.
- 2012 – 2015 · University of Law, GDL, LPC and LLB
- 2009 – 2012 · University of Bath, BA Hons