Simon is an Associate in the Assets & Structured Finance team based in Hong Kong.
Simon’s practice covers a variety of cross-border leasing and financing transactions in the shipping sector. He also advises buyers and sellers on sale and purchase transactions.
Simon acts for lenders and borrowers, including international banks, leasing companies, and corporate borrowers based in the PRC, Hong Kong and overseas.
Before re-joining WFW, Simon worked with a top tier PRC firm in Hong Kong where he gained experience in a wide range of lending transactions, including acquisition financing, privatisation financing and general syndicated and bilateral lending. He also advised a number of businesses, investors and fintech startups on blockchain related transactions, launches of blockchain related products and token offering.
Simon is a qualified solicitor in Hong Kong and in England & Wales.
He is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Advising National Australia Bank as agent on behalf of the lenders on the US$140.2 million JOLCO in respect of two 325,000 dwt VLOC newbuild. The transaction was named the Leasing Deal of the Year – East in 2021 by Marine Money.
- Advising China Merchant Bank Financial Leasing on a US$93.47m sale and lease back transaction with NASDAQ-listed Star Bulk Carriers Corp.
- Advising China Huarong Shipping Financial Leasing on a sale and lease back transaction to partly finance the acquisition of a high value container vessel.
- Advising AVIC International Leasing on a sale and leaseback of four vessels.
- 2015 · Postgraduate Certificate of Laws, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- 2014 · Juris Doctor, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- 2009 · Master of Pharmacy, University of Sunderland