Sarah is a Senior Associate in the Assets & Structured Finance Group.
With over fourteen years’ experience, Sarah specialises in commodity, export, structured, project and asset finance, advising banks, borrowers, owners/operators and commodities houses on a variety of asset, project and commodity types, in a wide range of jurisdictions across the firms core sectors in Energy and Transport. She also has considerable experience advising on financings with export credit agency involvement.
Her clients include a range of international lenders, such as Citibank, HSBC, BNPP, Crédit Agricole, Standard Chartered, Société Générale, development banks such as EBRD and funds such as EnTrust. Sarah has also advised borrowers such as Foresight, Carnival Corporation, Interocean and Vitol on their financing requirements.
Sarah has direct industry experience having undertaken three secondments at clients of the firm, namely a 10-month secondment at Rabobank International, where she worked in the Metals & Minerals Group and the Energy Group, a 6-month secondment at Terminal Investment Limited based in Geneva and a 9-month secondment at investment banking group Macquarie in 2018.
Sarah has previously spent time working in the firm’s Paris and Singapore offices, and has been referenced as “highly regarded” by leading legal directory Legal 500.
- Advising the investors, Macquarie Corporate and Asset Finance, SFM Trustees Limited and Elavon Financial Limited, on the launch of an innovative, first of its kind capital markets transaction for Virgin Atlantic, which allows Virgin Atlantic to raise capital through a private placement of bonds secured by a portfolio of Virgin’s arrival and departure slots at London Heathrow Airport. This deal won Airfinance Journal’s 'Capital Market Deal of the Year 2015'.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders, including ING Bank as agent and security trustee, on a term loan facility of up to $184,000,000 and revolving credit facilities of up to US$80,000,000 for leading Russian shipowner Sovcomflot Group.
- Advising Standard Chartered Bank on numerous Trafigura pre export and borrowing base facilities.
- Acting for a major cruise liner client in relation to the FEC-supported financing for two Finnish newbuildings for Costa.
- 2006 · Nottingham Law School, Legal Practice Course
- 2005 · University of Nottingham, Bachelor of Law (Honours) Degree
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- Law Society of England & Wales