Sam is a senior associate in the firm’s Dispute Resolution group.
Sam specialises in commercial dispute resolution and advises on disputes relating to commercial contracts, real estate, insolvency, technology, finance, corporations and shareholders.
He often acts for public, private and government entities, including property investment funds, hotel operators and owners, multi-national conglomerates, statutory authorities, government bodies, major retail shopping centre landlords, commercial and retail tenants, property developers and transport and mining corporations.
Sam has appeared and also instructed counsel in a range of Australian courts, including the Federal Court of Australia, the New South Wales Supreme Court and the New South Wales District Court, as well as appearing and instructing counsel in arbitrations and mediations.
Sam is qualified to practice in all Australian Courts and Tribunals and was admitted to practice in 2019.
- Advising and representing an Oceania-based bank in NSW Supreme Court proceedings brought against a software developer for breach of contract.
- Advising and representing a property developer in NSW Supreme Court proceedings seeking to extinguish an easement burdening its property.
- Acting for a large mining equipment manufacturer in the NSW Supreme Court defending a product liability claim.
- Defending a trademark infringement claim in the Federal Court of Australia.
- Advising and prosecuting a Resolution Institute arbitration for a large conglomerate regarding a joint venture shareholding dispute.
- 2019 · College of Law – Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- 2018 · Meiji University – Japanese Summer Law Program
- 2014 – 2018 · Western Sydney University – Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Accounting)
memberships and associations
- Admitted to the Supreme Court New South Wales (2019)
- Law Society of New South Wales (2019)