Rebecca is a Partner in and Co-Head of the London Dispute Resolution Group.
Rebecca has extensive experience in all major forms of dispute resolution in the construction, engineering, process, petrochemical and energy sectors including litigation, arbitration (both international and domestic and under various rules, including ICC and LCIA), adjudication and mediation.
She offers real time advice during project execution and is expert in all major standard forms of contract including EPC, FIDIC, GC/Works, NEC, JCT and numerous bespoke contracts. Insurance-related disputes are another area of expertise.
Rebecca is recommended for her contentious construction expertise by leading legal directories Chambers UK and Legal 500 UK, where she is described as “fearless and tenacious” and as being “a very approachable and engaging lawyer who exudes confidence that is reassuring to her clients” respectively.
In April 2019, she led the WFW team that successfully advised Bester in the ground-breaking PBS Energo AS v Bester Generacion UK Ltd, in which the English High Court, for the first time, refused to enforce an adjudication decision on the basis that there was a properly arguable defence that it had been obtained by fraud.
- Advising and acting on behalf of a Spanish EPC contractor in TCC proceedings and adjudication in connection with the termination of an EPC contract for a UK biomass plant.
- Advising UK solar farm owners in respect of disputes arising from the deficient performance of numerous UK solar farm assets and related calls on performance guarantees and warranty bonds.
- Successfully acting for a high end residential developer in relation to three £multi-million adjudications relating to three prestige developments in Central London.
- Advising offshore wind developments/owners in relation to disputes with contractors and OFTOs in respect of six different UK offshore windfarms.
- Acting for a Korean EPC contractor in a £multi-million claim relating to the construction of a combined-cycle power plant in Ghana.
- 2003 · Admitted as a Solicitor of England and Wales
- 1997 · Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia
- 1997 · College of Law
- 1995 · Indiana University ANU Exchange Programme: awarded a scholarship to study at Indiana University and received the Certificate of High Scholastic Achievement
- 1990 – 1995 · Australian National University, BA in Political Science, LLB
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Technology and Construction Solicitors’ Association (TeCSA)
- Society of Construction Law (SCL)
- National Association for Women in Construction
- Australian Women in Business