Molthida is a senior associate in the Dispute Resolution group.
Molthida focuses on commercial litigation and arbitration matters and has extensive experience representing both domestic and international clients in litigation, arbitration, and mediation.
She handles a wide variety of complex cases involving, energy, financial, corporate, insurance, securities, telecommunications, employment and environmental disputes.
Molthida also assists in bankruptcy and business rehabilitation proceedings as well as enforcement of court judgments and arbitral awards in Thailand.
She qualified in 2012 and joined the firm in 2016.
- Representing and defending the Thai government in two parallel arbitrations brought by foreign major petrochemical companies in disputes involving the concessionaires’ decommissioning obligations of petroleum installations in the Gulf of Thailand.
- Representing a leading Thai transport company in a dispute against Danish company in an ICC arbitration on contractual claims arising from transportation of wind turbine generators in Thailand. The claim value is circa THB88.5m.
- Representing Vietnamese subsidiaries of a listed Thai renewable energy company against a Danish manufacturer of wind turbine generators on breach of an agreement to reserve production capacity of wind turbine generators to be used in two wind farm projects in Vietnam. The arbitration is funded by third party funding.
- Representing a major US car manufacturer against a Japanese insurance company in an insurance dispute arising out of Thai floods in 2011 in a claim exceeding US$40m.
- Representing a major Thai petroleum company in a contractual dispute against a longstanding petroleum corporate client seeking US$34m compensation which resulted in a favourable judgment for the client.
- 2016 · London School of Economics and Political Science, LL.M. in International Business Laws (with merits) (Chevening Scholarship)
- 2011 · Thammasat University, LL.B., 2nd Class Honours
memberships & associations
- MCIArb, the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Notarial Services Attorney, the Law Society of Thailand
- Licensed Mediator and Compromiser of Labour Disputes
- Admitted to the Thai Bar Association
- Admitted to the Law Society of Thailand