Senior Associate Singapore
T: +65 6551 9153 M: +65 9150 7078
Melissa Hoh is a Senior Associate in the Assets and Structured Finance group based in Singapore.
Melissa’s focus is in asset finance, in particular ship finance and regularly acts for banks and financial institutions in loan, leasing and sale and purchase transactions. Melissa worked in the Hong Kong office from 2016 to 2019 and was also previously at another leading law firm in the maritime sector.
Melissa is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Advising China Development Bank Financial Leasing on the purchase of 14 vessels from Maersk Tankers. Nine of the vessels were bareboat chartered back to Maersk Tankers and all 14 vessels remained under the commercial and technical management of Maersk Tankers. The total value of the transaction was US$422 million. This deal won the Marine Money Leasing Deal of the Year-West award in 2021.
- Advising a consortium of lenders on a US$193 million syndicated loan facility to partially refinance the acquisition by subsidiaries of CMB Financial Leasing of two of the largest container vessels in the world with a record-size carrying capacity of 23,000 TEU (the MSC Gulsun and MSC Samar) built by Samsung Heavy Industries Co., Ltd. This was a market-first structure where KEXIM allowed the guaranteed bank funded tranche to fully amortise before the amortistion of the KEXIM funded tranche to offer risk capital optimisation to the guaranteed lenders and won the Marine Money (ECA-East) Deal of the Year award in 2020.
- Advising on the K-sure backed, post-delivery financing of a floating storage regasification unit. WFW acted for a syndicate of lenders in this US$191.8 million loan.
- Acted as lead counsel for China Huarong Shipping Financial Leasing Co., Ltd. in the sale and leaseback of six MR product tankers with Scorpio Tankers Inc.
- 2010 – 2013 · London School of Economics, Bachelor of Laws
memberships & associations
Solicitors Regulatory Authority
Singapore Law Society