Maxi Adamski-de Visser is a SENIOR Associate in the firm’s Asset Finance Group.
Maxi’s practice focuses primarily on cross-border and domestic asset-based finance transactions.
She regularly advises financial institutions (including commercial banks and ECAs) and private and publicly listed companies on all aspects of loan and security documentation, including negotiation and documentation. Maxi regularly advises clients within the transportation industry and also advises on matters of Marshall Islands and Liberian maritime law.
Maxi is a member of the New York Bar. Her native language is English and she is fluent in German.
- Advising a syndicate of banks led by Standard Chartered Bank on a US$1bn financing of a semi-submersible deepwater production unit owned by Petrobras.
- Advising vessel owner with respect to a US$130m financing secured by U.S., Cayman Islands, UK and Marshall Islands flagged vessels.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders globally coordinated by Nordea Bank Finland Plc, New York Branch, on a term loan facility of up to US$525m made available to Scorpio Tankers Inc. in connection with the acquisition of newbuilding tankers.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders globally coordinated by DNB Bank ASA, New York Branch, on a term loan facility of up to US$475m with ECA-backing made available to Scorpio Tankers Inc. in connection with the acquisition of newbuilding tankers.
- Advising DVB Bank SE, NIBC Bank N.V. and ABN AMRO Bank N.V. in connection with the Chapter 11 restructuring of various financing facilities for the offshore assets of the Ultrapetrol Group.
- 2012 · Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- 2008 · Georgetown University, B.A., magna cum laude
memberships & associations
- New York State Bar Association
- Board Member – Young Shipping Professionals
- WISTA: Women’s International Shipping & Trading Association
- Fordham University School of Law, Recent Graduate Committee