Matt Lorimer is a partner in the Energy & Infrastructure group.
Matt specialises in structuring and financing international investments in emerging markets. His experience includes acting on project financings and syndicated loans in the Energy sector across multiple jurisdictions. Although currently based in Hanoi, he has previously worked in our Hong Kong Office and continues to work with our team in Hong Kong on a daily basis. He has also previously worked for leading international law firms in Singapore, Moscow and London.
Matt has experience acting for financial institutions – including commercial lenders, ECAs and development banks – governments, corporates and project sponsors.
- Advising the Ministry and Trade and Industry of Vietnam on the construction of several coal fired power plants in Vietnam on a BOT basis, including Vinh Tan 3, Nghi Son 2 and Van Phoung 1.
- Advising Toyo on the construction of the 2x1,000MW Song Hau 2 coal fired power plant in Vietnam on a BOT basis.
- Advising Deutsche Bank and a syndicate of leading banks on a US$525m facility to Vingroup and its subsidiary VinFast.
- Advising Citibank as documentation agent and a syndicate of leading banks on a US$400m loan to LG Display in Vietnam backed by K-Sure.
- Advising VTB Bank on a US$3.9bn loan facility to Independent Oil Company NNK in relation to its merger with, and subsequent acquisition of, Alliance Oil Company, both independent oil companies operating in Russia, Kazakhstan and Ukraine.
- 2001-2002 Nottingham Law School, Legal
- 1996-2000 University of Bristol, LLB Law