MARTIN IS A PARTNER IN THE LONDON PROJECTS GROUP.
Martin has over 15 years’ experience of advising on projects in the energy and infrastructure sectors worldwide. His recent experience includes advising developers, debt and equity funders in the offshore wind sector, where he has advised on projects in the UK, Germany, Belgium, Denmark and the USA both during the development and construction phases, as well as acquisitions and disposals.
Martin worked in a commercial and technical capacity for a large UK developer for nearly 10 years before qualifying as a lawyer. He is recognised as a leading individual by Chambers UK 2022 and Legal 500 UK 2022, where he is described as having an “excellent understanding of what we as a client truly need and what we are after with regard to granularity in advice” and a “truly excellent lawyer”.
- Advising Vattenfall on the sale of its entire UK electric vehicle business to Statkraft AS, Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy.
- Statkraft, on the divestment of its 40% stake in the 317 MW Sheringham Shoal Offshore Wind Farm to the UK fund manager Equitix for a value of £558m.
- Statkraft on its sale of a 30% share in the 402 MW Dudgeon Offshore Wind Farm to a consortium led by China Resources (Holdings) Company Ltd for a value of £555m.
- Vattenfall on its acquisition of UK gas and electricity supply business ISupplyEnergy.
- Vattenfall on disposal of offshore transmission (OFTO) assets at Thanet and Ormonde Offshore Wind Farms.
memberships & associations
- 2007 · Society of Construction Law
- 2005 · Law Society of England and Wales
- 1998 · Honourable Society of Grays Inn
- PressWFW advises TEPCO on its first major international offshore wind investment
- PressWFW advises Vattenfall on export cable EPCI contract for Norfolk Boreas Offshore Wind Farm
- ArticleEnergy Prices Bill 2022: Success or Mess?
- PressWFW advises Vattenfall on HVDC grid connection infrastructure delivery
- ArticleThe UK’s cross cutting Net Zero Strategy – Transport