Marsila is a Partner in the Assets & Structured Finance Group.
Marsila advises on a wide range of shipping and ship finance matters, frequently acting for domestic and international shipping banks, private and publicly listed ship-owning groups, and joint ventures.
Her practice focuses on matters involving loan and security documentation, shareholders’ and investors’ agreements, charterparty negotiations, shipbuilding contracts, sale and purchase and general commercial documents. She has also been extensively involved in the transfers of a number of shipping portfolios by various major banks and in the restructuring of several loan transactions.
Marsila joined the WFW Athens office in 2003 and moved to New York in 2012 where she joined the firm’s New York office, qualified as a New York attorney, and was promoted to partner a few years later.
In October 2020 Marsila relocated to Greece and re-joined the Athens office. She continues her practice while in Athens but she manages to split her time between Athens and New York with an aim to serve both her Greek and NY clients.
Marsila has been recommended by legal directories Chambers Europe and USA and Legal 500 US, the latter of which currently ranks her in their “next generation” category of Partners for her shipping finance practice.
- Advising Dorian LPG on a US$758m financing provided by a syndicate of banks with ECA support to acquire 18 newbuilding very large gas carrier vessels.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders globally coordinated by Nordea Bank Finland Plc, New York Branch, on a term loan facility of up to US$525m made available to Scorpio Tankers Inc. in connection with the acquisition of newbuilding tankers.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders globally coordinated by DNB Bank ASA, New York Branch, on a term loan facility of up to US$475m with ECA-backing made available to Scorpio Tankers Inc. in connection with the acquisition of newbuilding tankers.
- Advising a vessel owner with respect to a US$300m project financing of US Jones Act tankers.
- Advising ABN AMRO Bank USA LLC, DVB Bank SE and SEB in relation to a US$61.2m loan facility to Eagle Bulk Ultraco LLC to finance part of the acquisition cost of nine bulk carriers.
- 2015 – 2016 · Yeshiva University – Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York – LL.M
- 2005 – 2008 · Democritus University of Thrace, Faculty of Law – Greece – LL.B
- 1998 – 1999 · University of Southampton, England – LL.M Maritime Law
- 1992 – 1997 · Université de Lille II, Droit et Santé, Lille, France – Maîtrise en Droit
memberships & associations
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- Athens Bar Association
- Hellenic-American Chamber of Commerce
- Women’s International Shipping and Trading Association (WISTA)