Marsila is a Partner in the Asset Finance Group.
Marsila advises on a wide range of shipping and ship finance matters, frequently acting for domestic and international shipping banks, private and publicly listed ship-owning groups, and joint ventures.
Her practice focusses on matters involving loan and security documentation, shareholders’ and investors’ agreements, charterparty negotiations, shipbuilding contracts, sale and purchase and general commercial documents.
She has also been extensively involved in the transfers of a number of shipping portfolios by various major banks and in the restructuring of several loan transactions.
Marsila has been with WFW since 2003 and has been recommended by legal directories Chambers Europe and USA and Legal 500 US, the latter of which currently ranks her in their “next generation” category of lawyers for her shipping finance practice.
- Advising Dorian LPG on a US$758m financing provided by a syndicate of banks with ECA support to acquire 18 newbuilding very large gas carrier vessels.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders globally coordinated by Nordea Bank Finland Plc, New York Branch, on a term loan facility of up to $525m made available to Scorpio Tankers Inc. in connection with the acquisition of newbuilding tankers.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders globally coordinated by DNB Bank ASA, New York Branch, on a term loan facility of up to $475m with ECA-backing made available to Scorpio Tankers Inc. in connection with the acquisition of newbuilding tankers.
- Advising a vessel owner with respect to a US$300m project financing of U.S. Jones Act tankers.
- Advising ABN AMRO Bank USA LLC, DVB Bank SE and SEB in relation to a $61.2m loan facility to Eagle Bulk Ultraco LLC to finance part of the acquisition cost of nine bulk carriers.
- 2015 – 2016 · Yeshiva University – Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York – LL.M
- 2005 – 2008 · Democritus University of Thrace, Faculty of Law – Greece – LL.B
- 1998 – 1999 · University of Southampton, England – LL.M Maritime Law
- 1992 – 1997 · Université de Lille II, Droit et Santé, Lille, France – Maîtrise en Droit
memberships & associations
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- Athens Bar Association
- Hellenic-American Chamber of Commerce
- Women’s International Shipping and Trading Association (WISTA)