Maira is a Senior Associate in the Finance group.
Maira specialises in project and structured finance, mergers and acquisitions and regulations within in the energy sector.
She has extensive experience in the Greek energy market and related regulations, environmental law and land rights, as well as advising on corporate structures and corporate governance, employment law and insurance law.
Since joining the firm in 2007, she has worked on numerous complex share sale and acquisition transactions in the Greek energy and infrastructure sectors, as well as in privatisations.
Maira is described as ‘insightful and meticulous’, with ‘a very good knowledge of the energy legislative and regulatory framework’ by one of the largest legal publications.
- Acting for WPD in the sale of its interests in two Greek companies, each owning an approximately 5 MW photovoltaic generation project, to Enel Green Power Hellas SA.
- Acting for a subsidiary of EDF EN Greece on the Greek bond loan refinancing of two 24 MW capacity onshore operating wind farms in Fokida and Viotia with Eurobank Ergasias SA as agent and arranger.
- Acting for Emporiki Bank S.A. on the innovative project financing of a portfolio of over 35 small operating PV facilities throughout Greece owned and built by companies in the Origis Energy group.
- Advising Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund on drafting the contract for the €915m sale of the entire shareholding of Hellinikon S.A., the company holding the development rights to the six million m2 former Athens airport site.
- Advising Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund on the sale and lease back of 28 state buildings with a sale value of €261m.