LIZZIE IS HEAD OF OUR SINGAPORE OFFICE AND A PARTNER SPECIALISING IN PROJECT, ASSET & STRUCTURED FINANCE, WITH A FOCUS ON THE MARITIME INDUSTRY.
In addition to floating assets, she also advises on the financing of portfolios of container boxes, including advising on a US$128m sustainability-linked JOLCO financing for three portfolios of container boxes.
Lizzie has advised lenders on a number of award winning complex structured financing transactions, including the Marine Money ‘Export Credit Agency Deal of the Year’ in 2022 for advising HSBC Bank and Citibank on the ECA-backed JOLCO arranged financing for Seaspan Corporation. She also advised on the Marine Money ‘Lease Deal of the Year – East’ in 2021, advising National Australia Bank as agent on behalf of lenders on the first JOLCO involving a joint venture between ICBC and China Merchants Energy Shipping.
She has considerable experience in relation to ESG in the maritime industry, advising on numerous sustainability-linked financings and she was a key part of the team that produced “The Sustainability Imperative Part II”, the follow-up to the firm’s ground-breaking 2021 report looking at ESG in the maritime sector.
In Legal 500’s 2023 Asia Pacific guide, Lizzie was described as “client-centric and takes her time to align all parties within a transaction as well as taking the lead in any process.”
- Advising SapuraEnergy Berhad on its award-winning RM16.5 billion (approximately US$5.5 billion) multi-currency group financing facility.
- Advising Japanese bank as agent on behalf of the lenders on a JOLCO for two A320-200 aircraft to be leased to BoComm Financial Leasing and subleased to a South-East Asian Airline.
- Advising the lenders on a secured loan to an affiliate of a premier container investor for the acquisition of marine containers being acquired from the insolvency administrator acting for an insolvent German maritime fund.
- Advising the lenders on a US$400 million JOLCO financing in respect of four container ships.
- 2003 – 2004 University of Sheffield – Postgraduate Diploma in Law
- 1999 – 2003 University of Manchester – Bachelor of Arts in Law & Accounting
memberships and Associations
- Law Society of England and Wales