Kanyapat is an associate in the firm’s corporate group, focusing on regulatory, investment and corporate matters.
Her experience includes advising on regulatory compliance in relation to financial services, securities law, data privacy and competition law, as well as asset financing and other corporate and commercial matters.
Kanyapat graduated from University of College London with an LLB degree in 2013, before obtaining her LLM degree in 2014. She joined Watson Farley & Williams in 2017, having previously worked in the public sector at Thailand’s Office of the Council of State.
- Advising companies on the implications of and compliance with Thailand’s data privacy law in relation to the processing and cross-border transfer of personal data.
- Advising a UK university in relation to the development of a medical research facility in Thailand.
- Advising a renewable energy developer on engineering, procurement and construction contracts with a Thai authority and its contractors.
- Advising global online platforms on Thai regulatory requirements in the tourism industry.
- Advising foreign aircraft leasing companies and financial institutions and issuing Thai law opinions on issues regarding novation, security and aircraft repossession in relation to the refinancing and purchase of aircraft.
- 2014: University College London, UK (LLM Laws)
- 2013: University College London, UK (LLB Law with French Law)
memberships & associations
Extraordinary Member of the Thai Bar Association
Lawyers Council of Thailand