John Kil is an Executive Legal Manager in the firm’s Projects & Corporate team based in Hong Kong.
His practice focuses on international capital markets, working on a variety of debt and equity offerings by Asian issuers, including common stock offering, investment-grade bond offerings, as well as other cross-border corporate transactions.
His practice also extends to advise clients on cross-border finance transactions, including asset finance transactions in the maritime sector as well as ECA finance and real estate finance in multiple jurisdictions.
He is a native Korean speaker and fluent in English.
- Standard Chartered Bank on a US$32 Million loan to a Korean shipping company for the part financing the acquisition costs of three vessels.
- Standard Chartered Bank on a US$15.6 Million loan to a Korean shipping company for the purpose of part financing the acquisition costs of two bulk carriers.
- Korea Development Bank in connection with a US$30 Million loan to CJ Holding Limited.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank on a US$32.34m senior secured term loan facility made available to a subsidiary of Polaris Shipping Co., Ltd, a leading Korean dry bulk owner and operator in relation to the acquisition of the 208,925 DWT bulk carrier.
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong in respect of a secured term loan facility up to US$36,000,000 made available to three single purpose companies controlled by Sinokor Maritime Co., Ltd. in relation to the acquisition of two container vessels (7,500 and 8,000 TEU respectively) and one 170,000 DWT bulk carrier.
- 2013 · Washington University in St. Louis, Juris Doctor and Tax LL.M.
- 2007 · University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Bachelor of Arts
Memberships and Associations
- New York Bar