Jamie Bell is an Associate in the Real Estate Group.
Jamie brings experience in negotiating and advising on construction contracts such as JCT and NEC3 forms of contracts, along with professional appointments, third party rights and collateral warranties, and development finance and security.
Jamie’s day to day role focuses on the negotiation and preparation of both bespoke and standard form construction contracts, development funding agreements, professional appointments and collateral warranties.
- Acting for a leading property developer on the financing and construction of two mixed developments totalling over £120m with a forward funder.
- Acting for a leading developer on a prime warehouse development, including advising on the full suite of construction documentation (development funding agreement, building contract, consultant appointments and collateral warranties).
- Acting for a large developer on a forward funding arrangement to deliver a landmark build to rent scheme, including assisting with the development funding agreement and advising on the novation of the design team.
- Acted for a topflight rugby club on the redevelopment of its stadium, including negotiating the building contract.
- Advised a property developer on three unique residential developments, including drafting the full suite of construction documentation and negotiating with the funders to ensure development finance was obtained.
- 2013 · Northumbria University, LLB and Masters in Law