James is counsel in the Energy Group.
James advises on project and acquisition financings in the power sector, primarily in the EMEA region, with experience in both conventional power and renewables (including solar, hydro and onshore and offshore wind).
He advises sponsors and financiers on financing arrangements, bankability and other issues across core commercial contract packages (in particular relating to fuel supply, power offtake, concession and government support) and other ancillary project arrangements.
James also advises on matters in the oil and gas, mining and minerals spaces, primarily in Africa, in particular relating to acquisition and commodity financings and underlying project documentation.
- Advising Sonnedix on the financing of its first set of sustainability-linked corporate loan facilities which will enable it to refinance its existing debt and further expand its global renewable energy platform.
- Danish pension funds on their acquisition from a European utility of a jointly held 50% interest in a UK offshore wind farm.
- The Sponsors on the commercial and finance agreements for an 80 MW peat-fired power project in Rwanda.
- An institutional investor in connection with the refinancing of a 101 MW UK portfolio of solar PV assets.
- The sponsors in connection with the termination of a tolling agreement relating to, and a restructuring of the indebtedness of, an independent power project (CCGT) in The Netherlands.
- PressWFW advises Infranity on €120m financing for 178 MW Italian solar PV portfolio
- PressWFW advises Sonnedix on first sustainability-linked corporate loan facility financing
- ArticleEnergy Prices Bill 2022: Success or Mess?
- PressWFW advises LSbp on US$1.8bn revolving credit facility for 25 GW solar pipeline development plan
- PressWFW advises TRIG and InfraRed on acquisition of stake in 588 MW Beatrice wind farm