James is an of counsel in the Energy Group.
James advises on project and acquisition financings in the power sector, primarily in the EMEA region, with experience in both conventional power and renewables (including solar, hydro and onshore and offshore wind).
He advises sponsors and financiers on financing arrangements, bankability and other issues across core commercial contract packages (in particular relating to fuel supply, power offtake, concession and government support) and other ancillary project arrangements.
James also advises on matters in the oil and gas, mining and minerals spaces, primarily in Africa, in particular relating to acquisition and commodity financings and underlying project documentation.
- Danish pension funds on their acquisition from a European utility of a jointly held 50% interest in a UK offshore wind farm.
- The Sponsors on the commercial and finance agreements for an 80 MW peat-fired power project in Rwanda.
- An institutional investor in connection with the refinancing of a 101 MW UK portfolio of solar PV assets.
- The sponsors in connection with the termination of a tolling agreement relating to, and a restructuring of the indebtedness of, an independent power project (CCGT) in The Netherlands.
- The lenders on the provision of reserve base lending facilities to a national oil company with respect to its interests in an oilfield offshore Ghana.