Ioanna is an Associate in the Assets & Structured Finance Group.
Ioanna advises on a wide range of shipping and ship finance matters, frequently acting for domestic and international shipping banks, private and publicly listed shipowning groups, and joint ventures. Her practice focuses on the pre- and post- delivery financing and refinancing of newbuilding and second-hand vessels as well as sale and leaseback transactions.
Ioanna joined the firm in 2021, after having spent five and a half years in a major New York law firm in London in its US capital markets and M&A practice group, advising clients (issuers and underwriters) on a broad range of capital markets transactions, including offerings of debt securities (both 144A/Reg S and registered offerings), equity offerings (including IPOs and follow on-equity offerings) and private placements. She also routinely advised on and assisted foreign private issuers with their SEC filings, corporate governance and other U.S. securities law matters.
Ioanna is qualified in New York, Greece and England & Wales.
- 2012 – 2015 · Juris Doctor; Georgetown University Law Center, USA
- 2008 – 2012 · Bachelor of Arts (Double Major in Economics and International Relations); Brown University, USA
memberships and ASSOCIATIONS
- Member of Athens Bar Association (since 2019)
- Qualified in England and Wales as a Solicitor (since 2018)
- Member of New York Bar Association (since 2015)