Haya is an English qualified solicitor in the Dispute Resolution Practice.
She specialises in and regularly advises on a broad range of disputes across Europe and the Middle East, primarily in in the fields of Aviation, Intellectual Property and Technology (IP/Tech), Agency, Real Estate and Construction.
Haya has authored a number of publications on data protection, cybersecurity and cybercrime laws across the Middle East and has been featured on Thomson Reuters Accelus Regulatory Intelligence.
Prior to joining WFW, Haya worked for another top tier international arbitration practice, in Dubai as well as with their IP & Technology practice in London, Standard Chartered Bank’s AME Major Disputes division, and at NCB Capital (DIFC) Limited.
- Acting for International Aircraft Manager and Operator in complex multijurisdictional litigation proceedings resulting with obtaining a worldwide freezing order on the owner’s aircraft and securing committal orders against the shareholders and directors of the owner company.
- Acting for a Global Oilfield Company in ICC Arbitration proceedings with a claim value of USD 160 million, concerning a dispute over the construction of a pipeline project in the UAE.
- Acting for a Listed Malaysian Engineering Company in connection with USD 180 million DIAC Arbitration proceedings in relation to a dispute with its commercial agent in the UAE.
- Acting for a Leading Commercial Aircraft Leasing Company in complex multijurisdictional litigation and LCIA Arbitration proceedings concerning the termination of an Aircraft Lease Agreement with a Russian Airline Operator and repossession of the aircraft following the imposition of sanctions on Russia.
- Representing a Greek Shipowner in multijurisdictional cybercrime litigation proceedings in Portugal and in the United Arab Emirates arising out of a phishing attack.
September 2011 – July 2014 University of Kent, Canterbury, UK Law (LLB)
January 2018 – July 2018 BPP University, London, UK – Legal Practice Course
memberships & associations
Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 23/09/2020