Georgia is an Associate in the firm’s Asset Finance group, specialising in the maritime, banking and financial sectors.
She has experience in cross-border ship finance transactions and advises banks, financial institutions and shipping companies on all aspects of ship financing, including loan documentation, restructuring agreements, as well as on the documentation relating to the sale, purchase and operation of ships (both newbuilding and second hand vessels).
Georgia joined the firm in 2014 after working for almost two years in the legal department of Alpha Bank SA. In 2019 she completed a six-month secondment within the legal department of BNP Paribas in Paris, having advised the bank on multiple asset finance transactions.
- Acting for BNP Paribas on a $165m. five-year term loan facility to Diana Shipping Inc. secured on 18 dry bulk carriers
- Advising Alpha Bank SA on raising a financing of $250m. from Citibank through the securitisation of part of its shipping portfolio
- 2018-2012 LLB, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- 2012-2014 LLM, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Memberships and Associations
- Member of the Athens Bar Association 2014-present