Georgia Asimakopoulos is a senior associate in the maritime group.
She specialises in the representation of banks in the financing of newbuilding and second hand vessels under syndicated and bilateral loan facilities.
She also has experience in advising banks on the restructuring of ship finance deals. She acts for major international lenders in the European and Asian markets.
Georgia is qualified in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Greece and England & Wales.
- Advising DVB, ABN, CACIB and EnTrust in relation to their separate financings in light of the reverse merger of Poseidon Containers Holdings LLC with Global Ship Lease Inc. listed on the NYSE.
- Advising DSF in relation to the back-to-back purchase and refinance of $40M facility from ABN.
- Advising DVB in a cross-collateralised forbearance and restructuring agreement in relation to two sister facilities.
- Advising UniCredit in relation to a $57M facility to Safe Bulkers Inc.
- Advising Credit Suisse AG in relation to a US$233m facility agreement to Costamare Inc. for the purpose of refinancing certain indebtedness secured on 18 ships.
2000-2003 · LL.M., Juris Doctor, Study Law, Boston College Law School
1996-2000 · B.A., Political Science and Government, Boston College
memberships & associations
2020-Present · Member of the Athens Bar Association
2020-Present · Ireland, Admitted in Ireland
2008-2020 · Piraeus Bar Association
2008-2020 · Member of the SRA
2003-2020 · Member of the Massachusetts Bar