George is a Senior Associate in the firm’s Dispute Resolution group.
George is experienced in advising clients across different sectors (including oil & gas, commodities, banking and real estate) on a broad range of complex, high-value commercial disputes.
George’s work focuses on international arbitration and litigation in the English courts. His practice has included cases under various systems of law and major institutional arbitration rules, including the SIAC, ICC and LCIA, with a particular emphasis on disputes arising in emerging markets.
- Acting for a major international energy supplier based in Thailand in two SIAC arbitrations concerning supplies of energy commodities into Vietnam.
- Representing one of the largest international oil companies in an ICC arbitration concerning an oil & gas asset in Nigeria.
- Acting for a high-net-worth individual in a US$3.5bn fraud claim brought against him in the English Court by the largest Ukrainian bank. This included working on an appeal to the Court of Appeal on jurisdictional and interim relief matters as well as conducting the proceedings on the merits in the High Court.
- Acting for a high-net-worth individual in a US$350m fraud claim by a Russian state-owned oil company concerning an oil refinery in Ukraine.
- Advising on a complex high-profile LCIA arbitration and related proceedings in the English High Court involving multiple Russian high-net-worth individuals. These proceedings concerned the ownership of a significant real estate asset in Moscow.
- 2015 · BPP University, London, UK (Legal Practice Course)
- 2014 · The University of Nottingham, UK, LL.B. (Honours)
- 2011 · Mander Portman Woodward College London (A levels)
- 2010 · Bosworth Independent College (AS levels)
Memberships and Associations
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
- Member of the Law Society of England and Wales