Gary is head of the Real Estate Group.
Gary has extensive experience in all aspects of commercial real estate, including acquisitions, disposals, funding and development work that often involves mixed-tenures, JVs and landlord and tenant transactions.
Complex, often multi-jurisdictional, projects are an area of special expertise, as are transactions in the renewable energy sector.
Gary’s diverse client base includes domestic and overseas investors and entrepreneurs as well as major global corporations and funds.
He is recommended for his real estate expertise by legal directory Legal 500 UK.
- Advising institutional investors on an award winning £1.3bn bond to finance the acquisition by PKA and PFA of a 50% stake in the 659 MW Walney Extension offshore wind farm.
- Advising Frasers Hospitality UK Holdings Limited on the £363.4m acquisition of Malmaison Hotel du Vin hotel group from PE firm KSL Capital Partners LLC.
- Advising DONG Energy on the £644m sale of a 25% stake in its London Array offshore wind project to La Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec.
- Advising DONG Energy on its divestment of the transmission assets at the Gunfleet Sands offshore wind farm and the Barrow offshore wind farm.
- Advising Wielton S.A. on its acquisition of the entire issued share capital of UK-headquartered semi-trailer manufacturer Lawrence David Limited.
memberships & associations
- The Law Society of England & Wales
- PressWFW advises Jastar Capital on acquisition of Native Bankside luxury aparthotel
- ArticleThe new UK register of overseas entities is now live
- Event‘On Site’ Construction Webinar – Green Transition: The role of the built environment
- ArticleThe UK’s Cross Cutting Net Zero Strategy – Real Estate
- ArticleNon-Domestic Buildings – Know Your MEES