Edwin is a Senior Legal Manager in the Assets and Structured Finance group of the Hong Kong office.
Edwin has extensive experience in international debt financing, including bilateral and syndicated facilities, assets financing, sale and leaseback and Japanese Operating Lease with Call Option in the maritime sector.
With expertise in the requirements and regulations of the “flag of convenience” shipping registries (e.g. Panama, Liberia and Marshall Islands), Edwin advises the leasing houses, ship and yacht holding owners on title, mortgage and maritime corporate registration on a seamless basis.
Edwin previously worked in the asset financing team of another international law firm for more than a decade. He has also worked in the fiduciary and legal sectors of a top tier offshore law firm that granted him the knowledge of structure financing in Cayman Islands, BVI and Marshall Islands.
Edwin is fluent in Cantonese, English and Mandarin.
- Acting for a privately owned ship-owning and management company in the debt financing of pre- and post-listing in the London Stock Exchange.
- Acting for a one of the world’s largest container box lessors in the JOLCO financing of a wide range of container boxes.
- Acting for an independent crude oil tanker company based in Norway in the syndicated financing of its VLCC fleet.
- Acting for a NYSE listed containership owner in the financing and acquisition of a fleet of containers from a public company listed in HKSE.
- Acting for a top tier retail bank in France in the financing for a listed company that operates cruise and resort businesses.
- 2011 · Bachelor of Business (Economics and Finance), Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University (RMIT)